This is a story about a baby elephant. The baby elephant is not happy. He says, “I don’t like to work at the circus. I don’t want to work at the circus. I don’t want to do tricks for children. I want to run away”. So he runs away. He comes to a forest and sees a brown bear. He says to the brown bear, “I want to live with you in the forest”.
“All right,” says the brown bear. “But you must get ready for the winter. You must find a hole in which you can sleep in winter.”
The baby elephant does not like to work. He does not want to look for a hole. So he goes away. He walks and walks. Then he sees a squirrel and says to him, “I want to live with you”.
“All right”, says the squirrel. “ But you must get ready for the winter. You must get nuts for the winter”.
But the baby elephant says, “I don’t want to get ready for the winter. I don’t want to get nuts for the winter. I don’t want to look for a hole. I don’t want to live in the forest. I want to go home. And the baby elephant goes back to the circus.
say -ասել hole-որջ
circus- կրկես to look for-փնտրել
to do tricks- հնարքներ անել squirrel-սկյուռ
to run away -փախչել to get nuts for the winter-ընկույզ հայթայթել ձմռան համար
forest -անտառ to go back-վերեդառնալ
to get ready for the winter-պատրաստվել ձմռանը
Ex. 2, p.45
- E. Mike loves basketball.
- B. My brother and I go to school at 8 o’clock.
- D. Carol plays guitar very well.
- C. We help our mum with the cooking.
- A. I drink milk for breakfast.
- F. My mother wears uniform at work.
Ex. 4, p 46
- Mr. Jones doesn’t teach Maths. He teaches Art.
- The children don’t get up late. They get up early.
- I don’t read comics. I read books.
- It doesn’t snow in summer. It snows in winter.
- My brother doesn’t like fish. He likes chichen.
- You don’t drink milk. You drink orange juice.